Douglas Bail Bonds
Has someone you know or a loved one recently been arrested? Do you need to bail out a loved one in a hurry? Have you tried other bail bondsmen and their prices are simply too high? Douglas Bail Bonds can help. They can help you get your family or friend out of the slammer. Even better, Douglas Bail Bonds is fast and affordable.
About Douglas Bail Bonds
Douglas Bail Bonds have been Douglas county’s number one bail bonds service for over 25 years. We serve Douglas County Jail located in Castle Rock, Colorado and all other cities within the Douglas County limits. We will help you and work with you to get your loved one out of jail immediately. We will bond out both felony and misdemeanor charges.
We accept collect calls. That being said if you get in a jam yourself and need to be bonded out. You can call us from the jail and we will personally contact your family or friends to help you get bonded out as fast as possible. If the person bonding you out is out of state, we do accept out of state cosigners. We are here to help you in your time of need.
Bail Bond Process
Here we will explain how the process works step by step to bail a person out of Douglas County Jail. This will inform you exactly what procedure must be followed to make the bailing out process simple and quick.
1. The person gets arrested and charged with a crime. That person is now known as the defendant.
2. A person calls us, Douglas Bail Bonds, to set up to find out the bail amount and set up an immediate appointment to meet with us.
3. We verify all the information of the defendant such as the arresting charges and the bail amount.
4. We and the person bailing out the defendant meet. A bond contract and application is then filled out by the applicant.
5. We, Douglas Bail Bonds go to the county jail and post bail for the defendant.
6. The defendant is then released from jail under specific regulations designated in the contract.
7. The defendant must comply with all stipulations and attend all court dates. This applies until the Judge releases bail or the charges have been dismissed.
8. If the defendant does not comply with the set stipulations then the bond will be revoked and the defendant will be sent back to the Douglas county jail.
9. If the defendant’s bond is broken, the person who signed the contract and application will be responsible for the complete amount of the original bond.
Simply, if you believe the defendant is going to flee or not comply with the stipulations. Do not sign for him or put up the bail money. You will then be responsible for the complete amount of the bond.
Bond Law in Colorado
In 2014, Colorado passed a law pertaining to bond for individuals that are repeat offenders. Although not impossible, it will be much harder to bail out someone who is charged with a violent crime or already out on bail for other charges.
At Douglas Bail Bonds, it is our duty to help you the best we can. We will advise you to do what we feel is best for the situation. If you are willing to sign for a defendant that is known for not complying with the bond contract or judge’s stipulations. We can give you our recommendation. Yet, it does not mean you have to agree with us. We will do all we can to help you and the defendant.
How Bail Is Determined
Douglas County has a bail schedule. The bail schedule sets a minimum and maximum bail amount for each individual offense. The judge then sets the amount of bail that the defendant must pay in order to get out of jail.
If the defendant is a repeat offender, the chances are that his bail will be on the high end.
If this is the defendant’s first offense, the bail amount will usually be set low.
Of course, all bond amounts are based on the nature of the crime. Whether it is a violent crime or whether it is a misdemeanor or felony offense. The judge will also take into account the defendant’s criminal record. The judge then sets the defendant’s bail.
How Douglas Bail Bonds Can Help?
When you choose to enlist the help of a bondsman, you will not have to pay the full bail amount in order to bail the defendant out of jail. There are two requirements when going through Douglas Bail Bonds or any bail bond agency.
1. The fee charged by Douglas Bail Bonds. You don’t pay the full amount. For small bonds, you typically pay 15% of the bond set by the judge. For larger bonds, you pay 10% of the bond the judge has set.
2. You must cosign for the defendant.
To put this simply. You will only pay a small percentage of the bond that has been set. You then must sign the contract drawn up by Douglas Bail Bonds. By signing the contract, you guarantee that the defendant will show up to all court dates. If the defendant does not comply, you will then be responsible for paying the full amount of the bond. When the charges or dropped or the case is over, the bond is then released.
If your loved one or friend has been arrested and you need assistance in bailing the defendant out of jail. Douglas Bail Bonds is here to help you. Call 303-778-0026. Don’t hesitate, your loved one does not want to be locked up for one more second. Call Douglas Bail Bonds at 303-778-0026.
Douglas Detention Center: 303-660-7550
Jail Fee: $40.00